About the Royal Yachting Association RYA sailing qualifications are known and respected the world over. The RYA and its Training Centres work constantly to ensure that the highest standards are maintained. RYA Training Centres have everything you need to begin or continue your learning, whether you are a recreational boater, a globetrotting professional or are looking to become an RYA Instructor, in the UK or abroad. RYA training is forward thinking and designed for whatever level of skill, professionalism and knowledge you want to achieve. Established for over 130 years, the RYA approach is fresh and up to date. RYA courses continue developing to take into account the dynamic world of boating.
- The RYA delivers over 100 courses to professional and recreational boaters, which are right up to date with safety issues, regulations, and emerging trends.
- Over 2,200 RYA Recognised Training Centres (RTCs) in more than 44 countries.
- 22,000 RYA Instructors across the world.
- 15,000 professionals working on commercial vessels using RYA Certificates of Competence.
- 155,000 people completing RYA courses every year.
- Over 300,000 expert RYA publications added each year to the personal libraries of recreational and professional boaters.
- Over 100 professional and recreational courses on the water, in the classroom and online.
Website www.rya.org.uk The RYA works closely with governments and official organisations just about everywhere and is given responsibility by the British Government for issuing certificates of competence on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), an agency of the Department of Transport.