RYA Windsurf Assistant Instructor
This two day course runs from 09:30 to 19:00 both days.
You should have passed as a minimum RYA Stage 3 from the Youth Sailing Scheme or RYA Intermediate non-planing, RYA beachstart and RYA non-planing carve gybe from the National Windsurfing Scheme before attending this course, and be recommended by the training centre Principal or Chief Windsurfing Instructor. Please call to arrange an informal interview for recommendation.
- The Assistant Instructor (AI) is trained to assist qualified Instructors in teaching beginners up to the standard of RYA Start Windsurfing (National Windsurfing Scheme) and RYA Stage 2 (Youth Windsurfing Scheme).
- The award is specific to the centre where the training is delivered.
- The course covers the role of an AI at QM, teaching models, centre's safe operating procedures. Training will be based around the centre's fleet of training kit.
- Successful candidates will be awarded the Assistant Instructor certificate.
- more information on this qualification can be found on the RYA website