Lap the Lake 2015
Queen Mary Sailing Club is excited to announce we are organising a charity lap of our reservoir. This is a unique opportunity to walk the 4.2 Mile reservoir perimeter, which is not normally open to the public. We are very greatful to Thames Water for the opportunity and hope that supporters of the Club will be inspired to take part. See you on the start line!
Fundraising target £1000
- Community Amateur Sports Club Reference: CASC06273
- Gift Aid number: CH00925/GYB
- Fundraising will be split equally between ‘QM Sailability’ and ‘QM Youth Group’
Lap the Lake will be on Saturday 4th July
How do I take part?
- Sign in and out at QM office. You can set off at anytime during the day
- At least one person in your party must carry a mobile phone.
- Suggested minimum donation is £5
What are we raising money for?
- Queen Mary Sailability's role is to encourage and support people with disabilities to take up the sport of sailing and facilitate their integration into the boating community. Staffed by volunteers, it caters for a wide variety of people with disabilities, from those having their first taster to Paralympic competitors.
- Queen Mary Youth Group is a fun, social opportunity for those aged 9-15 to get on the water with other young members and is led by parent volunteers. The main focus is to get kids sailing more regularly and increase their confidence in being independent on the water. This group supports the pathway for youth sailors with the RYA.
- The Laps will be anticlockwise!
- The lap is 4.2 Miles
- Sign in before setting off at QM office
- Call 01784 28881