Water activity events for Scouts and Youth Groups
We offer activity days for schools, Scouts, Guides or any group with combinations of
- sailing (dinghy and J80 keelboat)
- stand-up paddle boarding
- dragon boating
The response from the kids is amazing! Having control of your own craft at a young age is really empowering and the experience can really build their confidence and help them gain new skills. The energy the kids and young adults show for learning and the engagement they have with the activity is simply brilliant to see.
- We provide wetsuits and buoyancy aids although if you have your own you are welcome to use them. You should bring: swimwear (to wear under wetsuit), shoes you are happy to get wet, a towel, a change of clothes, suntan cream, a hat, and a water bottle
- Team games can be bolted together and all events are bespoke and made to measure
CUBS: Water Activities Activity Badge
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Explain the safety rules that apply to all water activities.
- Either complete one of the following:
- Complete two sessions of canoeing and gain the British Canoe Union's Paddlepower Start Certificate.
- Qualify for the Royal Yachting Association Young Sailing Scheme - Start Sailing Stage 1.
- Qualify for the British Sub Aqua Club's Basic Snorkel Diver Qualification.
- Qualify for the Professional Association of Diving Instructors' Discover Scuba (Bubble Maker), or Seal Team Programme.
- Qualify for the British Surfing Association's Junior Scheme Level One Award.
- Qualify for the British Water Ski & Wakeboard – Cutting Edge participation certificate
- Or take part in two of the following activities offered at Queen Mary Sailsports:
- dinghy sailing
- power boating
- dragon boating
SCOUTS: Water Sports Activity Badge
Complete one of the following requirements:
- Qualify for the Royal Yachting Association Dinghy Sailing Stage 2.
- Qualify for the Royal Yachting Association National Windsurfing Scheme Level 1.
- The UK Scouts Headquarters can provide alternative requirements for water sports not catered for in the above. A Scout can gain more than one Badge.